Stubborn belly fat can be extremely irritating. You can exercise daily and keep a healthy diet, but sometimes there’s still that last bit of belly fat that your body holds on to. Yoga alone won’t eliminate body fat, but when combined with other exercise and a diet free of junk food and harmful additives and chemicals, it can help to boost your body’s metabolism and strengthen your core to eliminate stubborn belly fat.
Practice these five yoga poses to get the toned belly you’ve been working for!
1. Cobra Posture (Bhujang asana)
This pose can strengthen the ab muscles to reduce belly fat. It will also help to strengthen the upper body by creating a strong and flexible spine. To perform this pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your legs stretched out and your palms positioned underneath your shoulders.
- Your chin and your toes should be touching the floor.
- Inhale slowly and raise your chest upward while bending backward.
- Depending on your strength, hold this pose for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and bring your body back to the original position.
- Repeat 5 times with a rest time of 15 seconds in between each pose.
If you are pregnant, have an ulcer, hernia or back injury, do not attempt this pose.